Tuesday, November 23, 2010

thankful

today felt like a monday. it seemed like every little thing at work went wrong. every patient seemed to run a little late because of traffic, my x-ray taking was not the best, i dropped one thing after another. what a day. and what a full day of constant reminders that my strength, hope, & endurance comes from God. i prayed this morning that whatever it was God was going to do today, that my words, actions, and thoughts would bring His name glory & not mine :( can i just say how hard it is to live that prayer out? ANDDDD i was locked out of my apartment due to my key not turning all the way to unlock it...so i had to tell my neighbor and then she said- go to the office, the office was closed, and THEN i shook the door handle while i was unlocking...and it unlocked.
well now i'm at starbucks...taking a break out of this crazy day...and people are chatting about texting boys and holiday shopping. and i'm about to attempt to concentrate and focus on the David Bible study that I've SO thoroughly enjoyed. every thing i read in this study and all of the hw we do each day is mind-blowing. never have i had my eyes opened like this to simple passages and the complexity of them...and the complexity is a crazy way i feel like the Lord is jerking at my heart and making me value this truth and how much He loves me. all of the intricate, deep details about David's life, the genealogy of Jesus, and his redemptive plan from the beginning is so full and fresh and filled with love. the verses i have been meditating on and trying to memorize for the past couple of days come from 1 corinthians 1:26-31-
"Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential, not many were of noble birth. but God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things- and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. it is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God- that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. therefore, as it is written: "let him who boasts boast in the Lord"."
oh my goodness- i could go on and on about this beth moore study. she is incredible. she is so profound.
can't wait for tomorrow and heading to memphis for thanksgiving with my family. i'm thrilled that my bro is home (with piper). it has not been the four of us- me my rents and michael in our home since last christmas :( it's sad that we don't get to spend time together anymore. but very thankful for times like this where we can...and something that i will never take for granted again and i want to remember for the rest of my life.
i feel like i just wrote a book- the end :)
and PS- i am going to GARTH BROOKS!!! yayayayay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger