Wednesday, October 12, 2011

what does your Bible look like?

so lately i have been thinking a lot lately about the "worn-ness" of my Bible. i recently bought a new one at lifeway because i wanted the esv version...so it has not looked that "worn", but i think about my life and is it a reflection of how i KNOW the Lord through His Word? how will i testify to the eternal life He has given me and the promises i know unless i spend time with Him in prayer and in reading His Word. so this week i've been thinking more about being in tune with Him through reading. i tend to pray a lot during the day @ work, just that the Lord would give me strength. or the Lord would help me love this person. or the Lord would just get me through that next patient who may be really difficult. but when it comes to studying and meditating on His Words that are in the Bible by my bedside table, do i really know Him through this? am i really seeking Him first? so what does your Bible look like, and how does your life reflect it? i feel like i am stretching this a little legalistically, but what got me thinking about it was the older people i know who are strong Christians, especially the older women that i know. and honestly, when I've talked with them or been at their homes, i notice how worn their Bible is. corners and pages are simply worn down. they look weathered. and i've thought this week about how that is a great reflection of their faith...and that they love the Bible! how much do we really spend in studying the Bible and His truth and words to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger