Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tim Keller quotes

I'm reading several books at one time which typically happens. 1)love does with my office 2) the meaning of marriage 3) starting the book called heaven is for real and 4) doing a James study with my bible study and 5) my dads book. Riding the stationery bike today, I decided to open up the meaning of marriage. I love this book, because I feel like any and everyone can take from it. I'm having to learn about relationships and loving others more than myself. Tim Keller brings so much wisdom from a Biblical standpoint. I read these thinking in a general setting for any relationship whether marriage, friendship, etc...obviously the overall focus is marriage for this book.
"Christ embraced the ultimate "other"- sinful humanity. He didn't exclude us by simply consigning us to judgment. He embraced us by dying on the cross for our sins. To love the other, especially an Other that is hostile, entails sacrifice. It means sometimes experiencing betrayal, rejection, and attacks. The easiest thing is to leave. But Jesus did not do that. He embraced and loved us, the other, and brought us into a new unity with himself."
"learn the primary love languages of the other and send love over those channels, not over the channels you prefer for yourself. We tend to give through the channels in which we like to receive it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger