Wednesday, November 7, 2012

stranger

so I haven't posted in a while. I would say I haven't had time, but I would probably be lying. I love blogging only because it is a written way for me to gather all my thoughts and document memorable experiences. the title of this post is unique- because it's been a month since my last post which makes me feel like a stranger to the outside world but also because over the course of a week and even the past few days, I've met "strangers" or my patients, yet their stories have encouraged me and I have felt like I've known them my entire life. this makes me thankful for the common ground and bond of Jesus Christ. today, I found comfort from one of my patients through her story of loss and how joyful she was in the fact that yes she suffers loss in her husband dying 10 years ago, but through that loss she has seen the redemptive work of Jesus and how that can become a way of sharing the Gospel. I had another patient talking about a close family member affected by hurricane sandy, and my heart sunk thinking of the darkness they are facing... and then I thought about kairos worship night last night... the theme: move. how is The Lord moving in my heart? where is He directing me to serve/love? the definition of move in this context is loving with the purpose of and leading to action- which God stirred my heart when this patient started talking about how the storm had affected her family. where is God telling me to move? in a relationship/service/loving/overcoming a fear? I just have to allow him to stir and ask him to work in my heart and direct me...and He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger