Saturday, December 29, 2012

Precious

I'm thankful for friends and family and encouragement I have gotten lately just from different conversations. I love being able to talk with friends about life and how we see the Lords goodness and faithfulness in our own lives and others'. Today I'm specifically thankful for a text from a friend I got recently to read Isaiah 43... Let me preface the verses by telling you the definition of an important word in those verses: precious- defined by Webster as...
1.  : of great value or high price <precious jewels>
2
: highly esteemed or cherished precious
 friend>
3
: excessively refined : affected <precious manners>
 scoundrel>
I love that the very first definition is if great value or high price. The reason I am thankful for these today is that I needed to be reminded of how Christ loves me and calls me His own and I am precious in his sight- which means I am of great value/high price/highly esteemed or cherished. I, a sinner, of no worth if left to my self, am called precious in the God of the universe, the king of kings' sight. Why does this affect me today? Because I am more and more aware of my brokenness and need of a Savior. I am weak in my faith and in my flesh, that left alone I can't go on. But The Lord has said- 
Fear not for I have redeemed you I have called you by name you are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you. And through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you. When you walk through fire you shall not be burned, the flame shall not consume you. For I am The Lord your God the holy one of Israel your savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Cush and seba in exchange for you. Because you are PRECIOUS in my eyes and honored and I love you, I give men in return for you, ppl in exchange for your life. Fear not for I am with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger