Friday, February 26, 2010

one step at a time...

from the wise words of jordin sparks, every day comes as "one step at a time". this is a concept that enters my mind every time i have to run a long run. tomorrow i plan to run around 10 miles and am NOT looking forward to it. i'm planning on changing up my playlist a little bit and maybe listening to one of cole huffman's sermons. i highly recommend running along to a sermon or making a playlist beforehand of a really random mix. i am known for my random mixes! i bought some new tennis shoes today...i'm planning on taking a picture of them and posting it here on the blog.
i need some good recommendations of podcasts or sermons to listen to while running. my race date is april 23, 2010 in nashvegas! i am very excited and hoping that my time is better than last time. my long run has been around 8-9 every week, and the best one so far was one where i didn't have my ipod charged and i was so bummed. so i headed out onto my street without any music (which i tend to depend on). and instead, i got so flustered by the silence and just started praying in my mind for different things and just talked to the Lord for a while...maybe at 4ish miles, my brain got a little tired. but that was one of the most uplifting and GOOD runs i have had in a while. although, it was maybe 40 degrees outside!
tomorrow's weather looks a little promising, highs in upper 40's or lower 50's, partly cloudy (some sun).
pics of the shoes to come! they are asics...and i'm pretty much obsessed with them. i think they make me look taller.
ohhhh- and a little side note, it is girl scout cookie season (as if everyone didn't already know...) and i bought tag-a-longs and thin mints today at kroger. yes, i wrote a check for $7.00 to troop 58 for cookies. and they are worth every penny :)
we'll see how the run goes tomorrow. update soon! and i'll also add some recipes for good post and pre-run foods, because eating is one of my other favorite things to do---how ironic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger