Tuesday, May 4, 2010

a new chapter...

so today is my last final exam of my college career...which i would like to think constitutes a new chapter of my life. not only am i done with finals, i am finishing up college, and hopefully moving on to a job and the "real" world. the first things that come to my mind in this chapter are budgeting and the excitement of "new" things.
my whole life, i have not been one for adventure. in fact, my family used to tease me all of the time because i would only eat the same things. i never wanted to go out of my comfort zone. i didn't realize that that concept would leak into every part of my being. even going off to college, i never wanted to face that change of environment or lifestyle. it's not that i dislike adventure...i do like excitement and new things, but i guess it is that initial feeling of change and having to adapt to something different.
things i am looking forward to that are "new" will be: location, career, being on my own, paying for things on my own, paying bills, etc. more people my age have already gone and are going through this now...scary!
i guess today would be considered the close of a chapter...and the "almost" turning of a page into a new chapter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger