Thursday, March 31, 2011

catching up

here are some pics from cece and lee's wedding...CeCeWedding

CeCeWeddingCeCeWedding

CeCeWedding

CeCeWedding
today is my catch up day on reading and journaling, blogging and cleaning my apt, and getting my long run in. i have the day off due to our slacky schedule. kids just aren't interested in getting their teeth cleaned...or parents don't want to drag them out of school b/c of T-CAP practice. probably the latter.
i'm excited about catching up with journaling and reading my Bible. i am only really able to skim through my Bible in the mornings and not really study. and at night i either have something going on or i am exhausted from the day and just want to sleep.
so today will hopefully be productive, we'll see.
i wanted to share with you some quotes i have marked in the book "so long, insecurity" by beth moore. i know i talk about this book so much, but it is a book that perfectly applies to my life right now.
- "The truth is, God uses change to change US. He doesn't use it to destroy us or to distract us but to coax us to the next level of character, experience, compassion, and destiny. i hate to display such a firm grasp of the obvious, but how will we ever change if everything around us stays the same? or what will ever cause us to move on to the next place He has for us if something ddoesn't happen to change the way we feel about wehre we are? God is thoroughly committed to finishing the masterpiece He started in us..."

- “Humility is a crucial component in true security. it’s the very thing that calms the savage beast of pride. more important, humility is the heart of the great paradox: we find our lives when we lose them to something much larger. perhaps the write of ecclesiastes had a hint of this in mind when he wrote that God ‘has also set eternity in the hearts of men’ (Ecc 3:11).”

- “I have come to a place where I’m willing to be transparent with my insecurity, but I find great relief that human eyes have to see it through the filter- the clothing- of my God-given strength and dignity. I don’t have to stand before you or anybody else in total emotional nakedness. I have a scriptural covering that gives me the courage to expose my most personal self.”

- “what God initiates, He equips us to handle. this is true even when emotional assimilation requires a process.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger