Sunday, May 1, 2011

ethnic food adventures & a run

Last thursday, my friends and I went to a korean food restaurant here in cool springs. each week we are trying to try a different ethnic food. our first week, we tried thai food, which was interesting. this korean restaurant is a very small, quaint place & is pretty new. it was SO good. I think all of my friends who had not tried korean food really enjoyed it. and what can I say, I am partial to korean food. I love it.

catherine excited about her food!

DSCN0299

DSCN0302

DSCN0301

DSCN0306

DSCN0304

I think that was stephanie trying kimchee or fish cakes.

Then friday, my parents came in town for the Country Music Marathon. friday night we went to eat & carb-load. we watched the grizzly bears play & then headed to sleep so dad and I could get up early to run!! we woke up at 5 ish, ate a solid breakfast, and walked to centennial park from our hotel….and then the clock hit 7 a.m. and we were off!! dad ran 13.1, we started out running together & my bladder couldn’t stand running another mile without stopping and using the porter potty. so I stopped to use the bathroom and he continued!! after that bathroom trip, I felt a lot better & thankfully made 26.2 miles.

DSCN0312

1

I struggled some at the end. it was BEAUTIFUL weather. I am so thankful for my parents being there to support me, and my friends Catherine & Rachel came to cheer me on! I won’t be doing another full marathon for a little while!! SOOO much wear on my body. & glad today is a day of rest!!! looking forward to:

- new vball season this week!

- brentwood baptist youth group wednesday!

- Bible study tomorrow!

- home this weekend (hopefully!) for mother’s day. and really excited about my mom’s gift, thanks Milo!

 

happy sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger