Thursday, April 28, 2011

calm after the storm

I am not very calm/brave when it comes to storms. I don’t like them, and I take major precautions for safety.

I was just watching the news about the tornado that hit Tuscaloosa, AL and how many fatalities have already been reported- the number in the 100’s. If you youtube the storm, you can find insane video footage of this tornado. The song I’ve been listening to on repeat in my car is full of simple, yet powerful lyrics:

“Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death, come awake, come awake, come and rise up from the grave…

Oh, Death, where is your sting? oh hell, where is your victory? Oh, church, come stand in the light, the glory of God has defeated the night”.

the sunset last night after all of the storms had passed was like a ray of hope that God created to show these lyrics to be true.

on a lighter note,

2 days til 26.2 miles

1 week until mother’s day weekend & my good friend graduates nursing school!!

& tonight, I am eating KOREAN food. Will post pics of this interesting food.

happy thursday!

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger