Monday, August 15, 2011

untitled

this post is untitled because nothing exciting has really happened. i decided to update the blog, however, because it seemed lonely and i haven't been into writing every day like i used to be. over the weekend i saw the movie the help. EVERYONE needs to see this movie. i want to see it a million more times and most likely buy it when it comes out on dvd. i love it so much. i laughed and cried the whole movie.
i had an interesting end of my week last week & into my weekend. it's sortof a long story, but i had a strange looking bug bite on my back last wednesday or thurs night, and knowing me, if i didn't get it looked at then it probably would have turned into being something really horrific. so that night when i noticed it, i decided to go over to the walgreens clinic and see if they could tell me what it was. it didn't look like a "normal" bug bite. so i went, and the nurse practitioner had no clue. she said it definitely wasn't normal and did not look like a mosquito bite. so she prescribed a steroid dose pack to help. the next morning i woke up and had like 8 new bug bites on my right upper back leg. strange, i thought, and wondered how over night i had acquired new bug bites. i called my mom & she and i were thinking the worst...it could be bed bugs?? THINKING as in hoping and praying it was not. but out of panic-ish anxiety and worry that that was what it was and out of my mom just giving good advice, we decided i should treat it like it was bug bites. needless to say, all of friday was spent vacuuming every square inch of my apartment, taking my bed and mattresses apart, vacuuming my mattresses, did multiple loads of laundry, flooded my laundry room because the pipe was messed up in the back of my washing machine, went to bed bath and beyond, target and lowe's for multiple protection supplies from bedbugs. so, my room is CLEAN, my apartment is clean and even though i lost sleep over the weekend, i feel like my life is finally back to normal.
i've also been playing a lot of vball lately. sand vball is where it's at. i have the new nickname of Big D or D or Dan. i love sand and i love vball. great combination.
this weekend is a friend's wedding---so excited i'll be making a trip home! grad school starts next week online....
i'm trying to think of more updates. i'm sure there will be more to come...stay tuned for more exciting news about my bed bug life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger