Sunday, April 29, 2012

half marathon #11, tradition

finish line pics!
my cousin, her hubby, and i
the half marathon weekends are becoming tradition with my family...this was my 6th year to be in nashville for their half/marathon race. my rents and i have gotten to the point where we have done them enough that we book a hotel room well in advance as well as eat at j alexanders the night before the race (or amerigo's) and i walk to the starting line the next morning like a zombie. this year we stayed right near centennial park which worked out well. this year SOOOO many people ran, and a lot that i knew! a few of my good friends and my cousin and her husband ran. it was such a fun race- hot and hilly- but great! michael & btodd came to cheer jessica and me on! today i am letting my body recover,and working on the last assignments for school, a 10 pg paper and then studying for a final :(. so glad this semester is almost over! this week will be busy at work as usual...and this weekend i'll be going to the eric church concert at bridgestone- YAY! one other tradition that my parents ask me after i am finished with the last half marathon (aka yesterday) is when i am signing up for the next one? hha, ironically, i have already signed up for next year's nashville race. such a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger