Monday, June 30, 2014

Puzzles!

So, I thought I'd share my thoughts on what puzzles and life can be like- which may be a stretch of an analogy...But remember, these are just my scatter-brained thoughts.

Kennedy and I bought a 2,000 piece puzzle the other day...I chose to buy the more intricate-colored, difficult puzzle to give me something to do in the coming weeks while Kennedy is working and I have yet to find a job.

This puzzle is one of those that all the colors look the same, any piece could practically fit anywhere, it is...hard.

Last night we were putting some of the last edge pieces together after going through the 2,000 pieces TWICE to actually find all of the edge pieces and I caught myself thinking about "the bigger picture". Our reference, of course, was the box top and the "bonus" poster that came in the box. I thought to myself that as a believer, my "reference" is Christ and His Word. Does my life align with His truths?

Another thought crossed my mind as I got really frustrated because either I couldn't find the right piece to complete my row of edge pieces or what I was trying to fit together wasn't fitting together...until I found the exact piece I needed and my frustrations settled. This is how life can be...We all have pieces that we have in life that seem like they fit and some we question how in the world could they possibly be a part of God's plan? But then it's like an "aha" moment when we have that one experience or reminder of God's faithful hand in a particular situation...and we remember to go back to our reference...that all of the pieces fit as a part of His plan. Instead of focusing on the bigger picture of God's glory revealed and His name being glorified and made known, I tend to focus on those puzzle pieces that don't seem to fit and I get really frustrated when the puzzle isn't going my way.

I also thought of one more thing...It would be even more challenging doing this puzzle alone. We need each other.

I've most likely botched this analogy and made no sense of how puzzles/putting them together are like life, but the Lord was working in my heart and thoughts last night putting the puzzle together, and I had to share them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger