Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Surprise Ski Trip

Last week, Kennedy surprised me for my birthday with a trip to Colorado. We have been talking about going snow skiing, but as per usual, timing has not allowed for us to go. Over Christmas, we talked about going maybe over President's Day. I told him I would leave the planning up to him (and in the back of my mind, I thought it would not get planned because of Kennedy's busy schedule). I was going to start "planning" the trip on my own. And last weekend, Kennedy was talking about not wanting to go to work. It was going to be my first week back to my clinic instructor job, but I thought to myself- "yeah, that would be great if we could both get away for the week"- doubtful it would happen. He then proceeded to tell me he had already put in for leave for the week back in December- "WHAT?!" and had already contacted my co-workers that I would be gone- "WAITTTT, WHAT?!"
To say the least, I was very surprised. So without my knowledge, he had taken vacation days, cancelled my work for the week, and booked our hotel. We got a good 2 days in of skiing and enjoyed A LOT of amazing food. Thankful for a vacation and time away enjoying good company and scenery and food.




Mountain selfie, of course!



Top of the slopes. What happened after this was not so peaceful- one of us face planted into the snow and trees!


This restaurant's walls were covered in dollar bills.


Matching neck gators. 


We survived Day 2 of skiing! 



 And the second day, we were wind-burnt!


 Third day excursion, instead of skiing, we met the Coca-Cola bear.






Sunsets and sunrises were some of my favs I have ever seen.
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands". Psalm 19:1





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger