Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome, 2015!

"I remember the days of old; I meditate on all that you have done; I ponder the work of your hands. I stretch out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land. Selah. Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." 
Psalm 143:5-8
Instead of dwelling on what could have been in 2014, I want to look back on 2014 and remember the faithfulness of God in every moment. 2014 came with joys...and also heartache; but as I let my mind wander into thoughts of 2015, I want to savor and cherish the moments where I felt God's gracious hand- where He brought me out of a place of darkness and into His glorious light. The joys of 2014 for me were times of being at home and with family and friends while Kennedy was deployed, when Kennedy returned from deployment, our three weeks of leave which included a beach vacation, a mountain getaway, and a wedding re-ceremony- one that I had imagined for years and it was a celebration that went above and beyond my expectations, finding out we were pregnant, visiting family over the holidays, getting to know our church family, new jobs, new friends, new puppy dog etc. As hard as the heartache moments were, they were times that I can now, by God's grace, see His loving, sovereign, holy, perfect plan unfolding. God has shown Himself more and more faithful within the past couple of weeks and has given me the joy of knowing Him through this season of life. He has also graciously shown me more of the depths of my sinful heart that I could not avoid...and I despised how ugly and bitter my heart had become. I wanted to get rid of it, run from it, ask the Lord to take it from me and help me to turn and hold on tightly to the Cross. The heartache of 2014 actually became the greatest joy, in knowing more about my Savior and the depths of His love for me and the transforming power of His great love. At the close of a year and the beginning of a new year, I am praying the Lord will continue to reveal His faithfulness, help me press into Him, strengthen my love and affection for Him, and help me shovel out my "self" and give me more love for others.


I love music, so this morning I am listening to one of my favorite songs and rejoicing in the light of Christ:


"So I walked out of the darkness and into the light
From fear of shame into the hope of life
Mercy called my name and made a way to fly
Out of the darkness and into the light

Years of keeping secrets safe, wondering if I could change
‘Cause when you’re hiding all alone, your heart can turn into a stone
And that’s not the way I want to go"
-Ellie Holcomb

If you haven't listened to the following songs, you should check them out. They were staples for my listening enjoyment- a soundtrack for my life during walks/driving/working on my writings. Welcome, 2015- May you be glorified, Lord, in my life! 
1. Marvelous Light- Ellie Holcomb
2. God With Us- All Sons and Daughters
3. Though You Slay Me- Shane and Shane
4. Not for a Moment- Meredith Andrews
5. Lift My Life Up- Unbroken
6. Multiplied- Needtobreathe
7. 10,000 Reasons- Rend Collective
8. How Can It Be- Lauren Daigle
9. Love Broke Through- Ellie Holcomb
10. Your Great Name- Natalie Grant
11. Take a Moment- Will Reagan and the United Pursuit Band
12. All I Am- Phil Wickham
13. Set a Fire- Will Reagan and the United Pursuit Band
14. Immeasurably More- Rend Collective
15. Beautiful- Ben Rector 
16. He Knows- Jeremy Camp


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger