Tuesday, June 15, 2010

when life throws you curves

so the past few days have been spent traveling with mom to virginia beach, va in order to study and retake my SRTA electronic exam. the beach is not as grand as it used to be for me...maybe because i'm not as concerned anymore about getting tan, the sand is still fun to "play" in but i had noone to play in it with, and more than 3/4 of the people in virginia beach had many tattooes all over their bikini bodies and it made me feel very out of place to say the least---as i sat in my lounge chair with my vera bradley patterned bathing suit- haha!
BUT, the beach still amazes me because when you're sitting there in the morning and at night just looking out at the ocean, all you can really think about is WOW, God made this, and how little you feel when you see yourself in perspective to everything He has created.
today we drove to the SRTA office (which was in a daycare looking facility- there was a playground right next door fenced in) and i retook the electronic exam. as nervous as i was, i was also humored by the fact that the facility was run by 2 girls about my age and ethnicity. so i sat down to take the exam over a 60 minute time frame and was out of there! mom and i went to the airport and made it to atlanta...but now we are stuck in a hotel here. and when life throws you curves such as this, all you can do is take it in...which means we ordered in pizza and a salad and 2 diet cokes. my bag was checked all the way to memphis so i have no clothes or anything---so i'll sleep in my mom's shirt and use the hotel amenity guest package full of toiletries. so when life throws you curves, you have to go with the flow...and we certainly are doing that. which is actually kindof fun, now that all of my stress is relieved after passing the exam. i was so anxious about finding out my results, especially since we travelled all the way here for me to take it!! well peace out from a-town. and hopefully on to memphis in the morning!!
ps- in airports you see the most interesting people no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger