Thursday, September 1, 2011

the US open!

(topnews.in)
1st off, this has become my new fav site:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/
i am beginning a new obsession...and thanks to my co-worker who watches it in her "quiet room" dental hygiene room in between patients. this week, she has had the US open on tv every second she gets a chance. i will roll my chair in there (while she has a patient) and i'll prop my feet on the extra chair in her room and watch the tv that is hung from the ceiling. since i am just now starting to follow, i'm having my co-worker tell me sortof who to follow. she has told me to really get into it, i need to pick 1 player to "follow" and then i start to learn about the players and more about that player i want to follow. so i chose djokovic...and rafa nadal. novak djokovic--picture above--- is from serbia...i think nadal is spain. i absolutely love the game of tennis. i have loved it since i played in high school. the thing that amazes me about watching it on tv is watching the power in their strokes and serves. i also love that it is such a mental game and major physical game. i mean andy roddick serving a tennis ball @ 135 mph? what?!
i also love roger federer. can you believe how young some of these men and women are who play? the girl who is the number 1 seed right now in women's singles is 21. wow. djokovic is my age! rafael nadal is 1 year older than me. here's his pic:
(wikipedia)
i also decided to follow as many tennis players as i knew their names on twitter. the twitter world still amazes me.
i am so excited about fall, the rest of the US open, auburn football starting this saturday, labor day weekend, & hopefully cooler weather! if you haven't gotten into the tennis matches, you should give it a chance. just fine 1 or 2 people you want to follow and go for it. there is much to learn about the tennis world and the different players- it is overwhelming!!!!


1 comment:

  1. um this post cracks me up....only because i have been inducted into the tennis world thanks to jack and dad and because you called it "the twitter". jack would disapprove of your choices ;-) love you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger