Friday, May 4, 2012

Lists

So today I am relaxing and thankful it is Friday. I have a list of things I need to do today, starting with getting my car maintenance done- 50,000 miles. Yikes! I woke up this morning kind of feeling restless and thinking I have a lot to do, but realized I only have little errands here and there... No school work for 4 weeks...I get a short break! No work today. Fridays are good. Got a walk in this morning and enjoyed the warmth and breeze! Now that I'm at Nissan waiting on my car, I have a minute to relax...and blog. As an office, we are currently reading a book by Pete Wilson called empty promises. On Thursdays we meet as a staff and talk about it and how it pertains to the workplace and how our office functions as a Christ-focused place. It has been awesome...something that has definitely been an encouragement. I love this verse that Pete points out in one of his chapters about chasing after fulfillment and how only Jesus can satisfy. It is a verse I have heard my whole life, but the way I read it was different than I've read before. It is matt11:28-30 and says " come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest FOR YOUR SOULS. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I love that picture. It is more than just earthly rest, it is rest for our deepest being. And with that eternal rest that comes through Christ, how could we NOT find rest in Him on this earth. I found that part of the verse striking. How awesome that we can approach him in confidence. I recently listened to a sermon by cole Huffman from first Evan, and he was talking about living our lives before him and in obedience...and how in the old testament the covenants were of the concept that if the people obeyed they were blessed...but how in this side of the cross we obey BECAUSE of blessings...we have been blessed through the death of Christ which spurs us to obedience. It isn't that it's reversed but it is a different dynamic/perception of the covenant since his death and resurrection. You should buy this book if you have time to read! It is so good. Happy Friday and weekend! Seeing Eric church tomorrow at the Bridgestone...definitely in Nashville and appreciating country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger