Wednesday, November 6, 2013

best summer of my life

(I FOUND THIS POST SAVED IN MY "DRAFTS" FOLDER THAT I NEVER POSTED...HAD TO POST IT!)

so half of 2013 is gone, and I can say that this year has been the best year I have ever had. i met the man i will spend the rest of my life with in April, and we got engaged in July... our life is "to be continued" together.
it is fun to think back on all of our weekends of meeting up. we actually met on e harmony and were matched up on a Sunday in the beginning of April. i ended up messaging him first, because i saw on his profile that he was related to a girl i knew at auburn- his sister n law- and another was his sister i had met right before i left auburn that were both involved in RUF. after that message, we ended up talking and met up that next weekend in Huntsville. then we had a couple of weekends where we had conflicts and couldn't meet up, but the last weekend of april until today, we have seen each other every weekend- we may have missed one weekend of being together.
kennedy has impacted my life and world in so many ways. he is a strong leader and compassionate person, very deeply rooted in his faith and knowledge of Jesus. he is loving and caring and giving of his time and goes out of his way, putting others before himself. this has been a wonderful example for me to aspire to be more like- which has inspired me to look more at Jesus and long to be more like Him.
we have experienced so much together in already a short amount of time, but as we are telling people, when we knew, we just knew. i had no doubts or hesitations in my mind from the beginning that God created kennedy for me to love the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger