Wednesday, November 6, 2013

new chapter of life

i have this verse on a reminder that goes off every night at 8 pm...isaiah 41:10- fear not for I am with you. be not dismayed for i am your God. i will strengthen you, i will help you, i will uphold you by my righteous right hand.

well the time has come- the closing of one chapter of my life and next weekend will be the beginning of a new chapter. tomorrow is my last day at kemp dental. words can't express the atmosphere of this place...one word description would be: love. the love shared daily among co-workers and overflowing to patients. 

i am holding the verses above in memory... i know God will strengthen me, He will be my help, and He will be with me. 

the past year and a half have been hard at times, but have opened my eyes to the importance of my relationship with Christ and with that, my longing and my need for Him, and to the importance of community- to the richness and deepness of friendships that have encouraged me.  a whole new thing my eyes have been opened to is loving others...no matter their background or home life or address...but simply loving people. and i have learned this from the people that surround me on a daily basis. they are giving of their time, resources, and energy for others. these are the type of people i need around me!

and here i am at the closing of a chapter. and the beginning of a new one..kennedy and i are married and so excited to be moving to kansas. it is bittersweet to be leaving nashville and be far from friends and family, but it is exciting and something we are looking forward to! 

tomorrow night i leave for memphis and am there a week to pack up everything there and then next thursday i have my big master's project presentation and friday my mom and i will leave for st louis and then the day after we will drive the rest of the way to ks.

i am overwhelmed with emotions...i cried on the way to work this morning and then right before i got out of my car, kennedy called, and i was talking about it being almost my last day with my friends @ kemp's...then i was talking about all the packing and everything i have to do before actually moving and started crying even more. and kennedy said, "don't cry, shop girl, don't cry". he has a way of making me smile through my pitiful tears.

there wasn't really a point to this post, other than an update...and a venting of emotions/things going on in my head. my posts haven't been all that organized or informational. but here is the update for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger