Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ready

Ready. This word seems to be the story of my life. I am always "ready" for the next thing. I think a good friend at Auburn one time told me she noticed I was always looking for and ready to move on to the next thing...which hit a chord with me that I couldn't enjoy the moment...but I was always ready to do something different or new or move on to the next phase of life.
Interject with: Right now, I think I am ready to move to Kansas. It hasn't hit me that this is happening Monday, but I know for 4 1/2 months I have been saying, "I can't wait to move back to Kansas" or "I am so ready for K to be home"! Don't get me wrong, these are all true. But I have been convicted in my quiet times lately to enjoy and engage in the present. The time God has allowed for me to enjoy where He has me. Just this past week, the Lord has been convicting my heart of this word "ready". This is going off on a different track with this word, but our most recent study in BSF talked about being "ready" for the Lord's return. Am I as a believer doing the Lord's work, am I being faithful in my following His leading in my life, am I living my life pleasing and glorifying to Him as if He were coming back in the next minute, am I pointing others to the love and hope I have found in Him, is there a sense of urgency in sharing Him with others? The word "ready" brings new meaning to me. As much as I am READY for Kennedy to come back? Am I just as ready, excited, and looking forward to the return of my Lord and Savior? I also am thinking about once I get back to Kansas, I will be getting our apartment "ready" for Kennedy's return...am I making "room" and priority in my heart and asking the Lord to do deep cleaning in my heart in preparing for HIS return? Between now and June, I am continuing wedding planning (and let's be honest, my MOM is the one and only incredible wedding planner) but I will be preparing for and getting ready for the wedding celebration ceremony for my groom, Kennedy...am I getting ready for the ultimate, perfect, unconditionally loving groom, Jesus?
So I want my questions to myself daily to be this...Danielle, are you making the most of your days, minutes, seconds? Are you getting to know Jesus more and more and love Him more and more? Are you READY and looking forward to and watchful for Jesus' return? Are you willing and open to sharing this hope?
I know I have learned things through Kennedy and mine's time apart, but just recently, this has struck an eye-opening, heart-opening, mind-opening conviction.

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come."
Matthew 24:42
 
"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away'."
Revelation 21
 
"He who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!"
Revelation 22:20


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger