Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My Portion and My Strength- Ellie Holcomb

"Help me to know stand on the promise that You are holding my right hand...Help me believe---that You will be my portion and my strength"
I have begun to appreciate more than ever the friendships God has given me. Even in the rush of day to day life, short conversations or even texts can be uplifting and encouraging to our circumstances. I have found that especially with friends and family not in Kansas, it is hard to work around busy schedules and find time to sit and talk on the phone for minutes or hours at a time. Texting has been my "go-to" as far as communication goes. The reason I tell you this is because for the past couple of weeks, the Lord has used a text my sister in law sent that said this, "It can be hard to carry this type of burden. Thankfully we are yoked onto God who shoulders it for us". I simply needed to remember and believe, God is shouldering my burden of weariness and worry. For about a week, I was exhausted. I was in constant busy-ness, worry, and a state of mind that was trying to be in control or fix things going on...but hearing these words, I felt something huge lifted off of me. I felt lighter and free. My sister in law probably did not know that at that time this treasure from the Lord was used in my life, but it was and still is. So here we are almost a month and a half after the miscarriage occurred. I think time does heal, but more importantly, the Lord is teaching me that HE alone heals our deepest wounds. As I go about the busyness of my days, I don't have time to think about what's happened, which is good; but last night before we went to sleep, I laid my head on the pillow and all of the sudden, I just started crying. Poor Kennedy SO dislikes when I cry, that he wants to know what is wrong and will ask until I am able to tell him. Last night I felt so silly that I started crying out of the blue. But telling him my hurt was another burden lifted, and another reminder that Christ takes on our burdens for us and beckons us to call out to Him and lay our burdens down. 
I love this song by Ellie Holcomb- SO good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger