Friday, September 12, 2014

Praise

So I feel like the last few posts have been marked by honesty- my complaints before God, uncertainty at times how to continue grieving but also finding the joy that we have in Him.
Do you ever have those moments where your heart is full of gratitude and you can't help but stop whatever you're in the middle of and praise the Lord in prayer, thanking Him for all of the good things, even the "bad" things in your life? You stop and are comforted that the Holy Spirit is at work in your heart- He's doing something!
Yesterday, I had one of those moments that brought me to the verge of tears (and I was driving, which is never good through eyes filled with liquid). And they were tears of joy.
I shadowed a hygienist yesterday at a non-profit organization's dental clinic where I will hopefully be working every Tuesday. I talked with the dental director there, also a hygienist, about hours and my role in the clinic. This job, and the job I have as a clinical instructor at the dental hygiene program here, are two of my "dream jobs" in this field.
In the car on the drive back was one of those moments where my heart was bursting with gratitude and praise. After calling my mom, I shut off the radio and just started thanking the Lord out loud for His provision.
God has proven over and over again that He knows exactly where I am, exactly what I need, and although it may not be what I think I need at that time, He is faithful in carrying me through it and allowing me to know more of Him. I thought of these verses from Psalm 104 that say, 

"O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures...These are look to you, to give them their food in due season. When you give it to them, they gather it up; When you open your hand, they are filled with good things...May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works. I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being". 

HE provides. Praise. Rejoice. We have MUCH in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger