Thursday, March 4, 2010

"my grace is sufficient for thee" 2 cor 12:9



i love this passage of the Bible. i just read this devotion by charles spurgeon and this is the last part of it that refers to that verse:
"He who would glorify his God must set his account upon meeting with many trials. No man can be illustrious before the Lord unless his conflicts be many. If then, yours be a much-tried path, rejoice in it, because you will the better show forth the all-sufficient grace of God. As for His failing you, never dream of it--hate the thought. The God who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted to the end."
this much-tried path is something we all face in different ways. for me now, it is school, relationships, friendships, focusing on Jesus, learning, growing, just day-to-day little situations. and how much do i complain and groan about my cirumstances? about studying and things i am not content in? and this passage says that God's grace is sufficient...it is made perfect in our weakness. and we are to rejoice in it! i also love the last sentence Spurgeon says, "as for His failing you, never dream of it- HATE the thought...and He who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted to the end". what a comforting statement and reminder. and what an amazing God who is personal, can give us strength in our weakness, pardons our sin by His Son's death, and can be TRUSTED and never fails. i think about a song by chris qualia ? called "your love never fails". here are some of those lyrics:
"You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There maybe pain in the night but joy comes in the morning
And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails
The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails."
Lord, bring me joy in hard circumstances, in trials and even the smallest of things that i groan and whine about. Help me rest content in your plan for my life, in your Will and timing. give me strength to rejoice even in my weakness...for you will never leave me and your love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger