Thursday, March 8, 2012

BOSTON!

no...not the band...wait, there is a band called boston, right?
two words: full marathon----april 2012 here in nashvegas...
and another few words: i want to QUALIFY for the boston marathon and run it! and my time for this coming race would have to be 3:30....ridiculous? i think i can do it, but i'm nervous! and it means i have to speed up my time and be ready in less than 8 weeks.
in other news...today is my "friday"...i get to sleep in tomorrow...sortof be lazy, try to work in a long run, and STUDY for a midterm that i'm doing sunday. BOO.
this is crazy, but i have not been home in over a month- which is big news for me.
also, i'll keep you posted but my knees/legs have not been doing so great lately on my runs...i've had to take 2 days of rest, which is really hard for me to handle. it is very frustrating and discouraging for me mentally :(
other sidenotes/news in life...the new job is going great- had some challenges, but the people i work with are amazing and so helpful. my patients have been great. i had a WONDERFUL patient this morning and he said that he'd be happy to be on my schedule every time. i met a patient yesterday who is a runner and we talked about marathons and half marathon training and he has run 16 full marathons!!!!
he has run the boston and one in new york and one in london. it's fun everything i am learning and the people i am meeting...and as challenging and overwhelming it can be sometimes, i remember it is my job and also that the people in my chair, i am helping their health and ultimately i hope and pray i am touching their lives and God is touching their hearts through our conversations.
i am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger