Friday, March 2, 2012

productive day is an understatement

so today was maybe not a proud day for me...in fact, i am embarrassed to even say what i have been doing.
now, prepare yourself to be bored out of your mind with my story i'm about to tell, but this has been my friday (Day Off). well the meteorologists and news channels around this area have been talking about tornados/possibility of strong storms/etc...and if you know anything about me, you know i am really scared of storms. like i will avoid going outside or planning anything if i know a storm is going to come. well today was one of those days, and since i live on the third flood in my apartment, i figured i needed to find a "safer" place close to my apartment in case bad weather struck. well the entire day, they have been saying it will come this afternoon/evening, but did not specify a time to look for the strong storms. so my instinct was to get safe quickly sometime in the afternoon. well i took extra precaution and came to the closest hotel to my apt's lobby...i am embarrassed to say i have been sitting in the lobby since 11 am...i am CRAZY! but really, among the hustle and bustle in the lobby with people coming in and out, i have been productive with schoolwork and now am being productive with blogging. i think everyone's conversations have led to talking about tornado watches/warnings what are we under a watch or warning, etc? so i have been productive in reading for school and writing discussion question answers and studying for my midterm...all which is due after next week. i have made friends, chatted with the bellhop, haha. it has actually been a really funny day....and guess what, no significant weather event has happened in my area yet other than some rain...and as of 30 minutes ago we just now were put under a tornado WARNING until 6 pm. so as i was gathering my things from my spot i have been sitting in since 11 am, i thought i would glance at the news channel one last time before heading out less than 2 miles to my apt, and guess what- that warning was issued. so here i am, parking it one last time on a bench in the lobby @ 5:41...waiting until 6 pm. i think the cherry on top of the whole day is that it has been such a productive and boring day that now i am sitting here blogging about my crazy fear of storms and what my friday has looked like because of it! embarrassed is an understatement word for how i feel right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger