Thursday, March 1, 2012

running on empty

so this week started a change in life- a new job. yesterday was my first day :) it was great, and definitely going to be an adjustment. but it was fabulous. the work environment there is unable to describe...other than loving and compassionate and hard-working. the environment is calm and homey. i'm excited about simply LEARNING. it is a whole different world from what i am used to and comfortable with, but i am excited about all aspects of this job and new place. it's so funny, because i feel like as Christians we say the Lord had us at places or in situations for a reason...and usually we say that AFTER the fact, because during the hard/difficult times in those places or situations we doubt and wonder why we are there. but i know without any doubt that the Lord definitely had me at my first job for a reason...and i realized that during my time there...and now with this dream opportunity, i know He has placed me HERE for a reason and probably more than one reason. i am looking forward to working here and getting to know my patients and get a feel for how everything operates. i have gotten to see some patients and clean their teeth which has been great. i have loved every minute! this saturday we are volunteering at a ministry in downtown nashville through the office's non-profit called hope smiles. of course i am super excited about this adventure! lately, i feel like the Lord has caught my attention with His Word. i was telling a patient actually yesterday that i felt helpless without the Word of God...and that it had been so powerful in my life lately that i felt i couldn't live without it...that i wanted to read it and not put it down. and if you had asked me about the importance of the Bible in my life a few months ago, i probably would have said that it wasn't a priority. but lately the Lord is showing me things and making me physically feel and mentally know that He is holding me and holding me close when i have so much around me tempting me to fall and break loose of His grip. yesterday at work i was checking some things at the computer, and on the radio in the office they place Christian music (a plus), and the song "waiting here for you" came on by christy nockels. love this song, especially running...but we sang it at kairos tuesday night and then i heard it in the silence at work, and somehow God has used that song powerfully in my life lately...and it is such a moving and encouraging song. look it up! i'm looking forward to my weekend starting TOMORROW and relaxing and volunteering.
loving spring weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger