Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Knowing Him

I'm realizing that I'm not inspired to blog every day, but when I do feel inspired I kindof feel like there are expectations to meet like I want my post to be good or deep or something I've taken away from a sermon or something someone said. Today is a day though where I don't have anything that' really meets my blog expectations but I have some free time to just write and share what's been on my heart lately.
I've been reading through the book of acts. You know those books of the bible where you think you know them and you've heard about them your whole life but when you sit down to really read, things pop out at you that you never knew? In this case, I've spent my whole life kindof skimming through acts. Just thinking in the back of my kind that none of it applied to me. But reading it the last few days has been, not to sound dramatic but I am, life-changing. What weighs on my mind is how faithful Paul and barnabas and those in Christ are to the gospel and spreading the Word to complete strangers- and to places where God led them to go and share and they did, and they knew they would suffer- God knew they would suffer. But it was for His gospel and word to spread among the peoples.  I also am realizing through just this book that I am so intrigued by Jesus more and more just by reading about him! And it gives me chills and convicts my heart by thinking THAT is what he longs for- for a relationship with me no matter where my heart is- but he wants me to long to know him and love him and treasure him. I think of how much time you invest in a relationship- for instance marriage or dating and getting to know someone. I know for me the more I get to know kennedy and spend time with him or talking with him, the more I'm drawn to want to know him and love him. Shouldn't it be the same concept but exaggerated so much greater in my relationship with The Lord? I am just blown away by Gods grace that pursues me and allows me to read His Word and see how focused I can get on earthly relationships to bring me joy and fill me when He ultimately brings me ultimate joy and comfort from spending time with Him.
All of this to say... I'm loving the book of acts but even moreso am loving learning more about him and having this somewhat reminder epiphany of what a relationship with Jesus truly looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger