Monday, January 6, 2014

My Psalm 119

I think every post on this could be about the One Year Book of Hope that I am going through with a friend and how encouraging and uplifting that book has been for me. Last week we decided as our homework to write out our own "versions" of Psalm 119. When you read Psalm 119, you hear of the psalmist's affliction...but you also see over and over again praises given to God for His Word that is the psalmist's DELIGHT and for His faithfulness and steadfast love. I have been thinking, I've been in this funk and yeah, I've seen "affliction"...but where does my heart turn? Can I honestly say, But GOD I remember your steadfast love...or your law is my delight? or I TREASURE Your Word? I thought it would be neat to write up our own versions of Psalm 119. So here's my "short"er and sweet version of Psalm 119:
"Praising the Lord for his goodness in spite of my heart. My heart and mind are afflicted with trusting God's presence and sovereignty in the midst of my circumstances. Deep in my heart I truly want to believe Him, but there is affliction and distrust and I can't see past. And I want to truly trust and believe God's truth. I see so much of myself and my own desires on this earth that I can't even see the light of Jesus. BUT Lord you are light and just speaking your name brings power. Your Word is power. and You are love. Lord strengthen me and encourage me through your Word and through my prayers to you. O Lord, you can do great things! Give me strength and help me overcome my unbelief right now. Because I know my heart is hardened to you. I just feel apart from you at times in understanding what is going on. Help me Lord! Thank you for your faithfulness and blessings. And my heart is cherishing and dancing and singing praises for you steadfast love!!!"
I am sharing this, because I have found it encouraging...to jot down how my heart and mind are feeling...but to turn to the Lord and let my mind dwell on His goodness is something beautiful. Challenge: write your own version of Ps 119. and let the Lord open your heart to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger