Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"After all, you are only good"- Not for a Moment

This is a song I go back to a lot, especially when I am driving, windows down, and feel like singing loudly. Thinking back over the few years and especially the past year, these lyrics nudge me to be more and more grateful for God's perfect plan and timing. Through the past years, God has had to work in my admittedly stubborn self to let go of what I thought I wanted and thought was part of His plan and to grab hold of His hand and trust and follow where He was leading. I can't help but listen to "Not for a Moment" and not think of my past, present, and future as being completely mapped out for me by my Heavenly Father, who is, has, and will be faithful in sparing me from what I think I want and what I deem best. I could go into detail on my past, on what I thought was best for my life, on trying to control situations, on being so inner focused that I could not see a way out- but I will simply say that if it weren't for those times and seeing God working in those events and in my hardest of hearts, I don't think I would be able to express what I know to be good and true of Him. This morning, I came across 1 Timothy 1:14-17...

"and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the ONLY God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

Amen. HE is the ONLY God. I need the Holy Spirit to remind mySELF of that every second of every day!

I am grateful for God's perfect patience with me, a sinner- stubborn in my desires and what I want to control and plan out for my life. Strengthening in daily submission to His purposes and Lordship is my prayer. "After all, You are constant. After all, You are good." We never know what He will take and bring us through...but we can know and be confident that He is constant, only good, sovereign, and will not forsake us if we are in Him...no matter if we are in the dark and can only hear His whispering promises.

You were reaching through the storm 
Walking on the water 
Even when I could not see 
In the middle of it all 
When I thought You were a thousand miles away 
Not for a moment did You forsake me 

After all You are constant 
After all You are only good 
After all You are sovereign 
Not for a moment will You forsake me 

You were singing in the dark 
Whispering Your promise 
Even when I could not hear 
I was held in Your arms 
Carried for a thousand miles to show 
Not for a moment did You forsake me 

And every step every breath You are there 
Every tear every cry every prayer 
In my heart at my worst 
When my world falls down 

Not for a moment will You forsake me 
Even in the dark 
Even when it's hard 
You will never leave me 
After all 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger