Wednesday, April 6, 2011

purpose

lately I’ve been thinking about prayer & submitting my will to the Lord’s. especially when it comes to my sin, desires, & things I want to be in control of. I’ve been struggling with all of these & how to actually pray for them. and when I catch myself trying to control something or I see my sin & ugliness, I just lift up a prayer of “Lord, I pray you will draw me out of this..help me trust YOU alone & pull me to YOU & YOUR WORD”. I like the verses in john 15 that say, “Remain in me, and I will remain in you…” I think other versions say “abide”. my prayer today is that I would “abide” only in Christ. only in His Word. when temptations for sin-being in control-worldly desires-etc come, that I would continually have my mind stayed on the Lord. these are verses that come to mind when trying to be in control-

“plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”

“the fear of the Lord teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor”.

“He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding.”

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”

“in his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.”

“Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the FEAR of the Lord a man avoids evil”.

happy hump day! & enjoy these lyrics from an old bob dylan song:

When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love
When the evening shadows
And the stars appear
And there is no one there
To dry your tears
I could hold you
For a million years
To make you feel my love
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/a/adele/make_you_feel_my_love.html ]
I know you
Haven't made
Your mind up yet
But I would never
Do you wrong
I've known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong
I'd go hungry
I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling
Down the avenue
No, there's nothing
That I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love
The storms are raging
On the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret
Though winds of change
Are throwing wild and free
You ain't seen nothing
Like me yet
I could make you happy
Make your dreams come true
Nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends
Of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger