Tuesday, July 10, 2012

i am missing those faces already. jet lag has gotten the best of me the past couple of days. i find myself in a struggle between gratefulness and sadness and unsurety in how to "help" those babies and the holt agency and orphanos with the resources i have been given, and how to help when i am so many miles away. praying how the Lord can use me. i see so much of my story in those babies' faces. i can't count how many times i have looked at those pictures and thought about how my life could have turned out, but those thoughts turn to what to do next in serving Christ and loving His people- people not just in korea but people i encounter daily. how many opportunities do we pass up and miss daily to love someone because we are too consumed with our own lives. last night i started writing the letter to my birthmom and attaching pictures--all to send to holt to have them put in my file...and i started to cry while writing it...1)i felt as though i was introducing myself to a stranger and 2)all i wanted to say over and over again was "thank you"...and this overwhelming sense of gratefulness has come over me, and i told her in the letter how i just wanted to hug her and thank her for choosing life and giving me life. it has been an emotional past week or so, but excited to see how the Lord continues to hold my life in His hands, every detail, every way He will use me- however that may be- i am overjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So grateful for your story and how the Lord put you in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger