Wednesday, July 18, 2012

thankful day 3

today I'm thankful for the Word of God. not only in guiding terms where He leads us through "words" but His Word in Scripture. I have read so many people's faith stories and how important the Living Word is in our spiritual growth. it is renewing and reviving and refreshing to my heart and soul. as distracted as I am from reading His Word, I am reminded when I do how much I need it...daily! Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119: 11 Every word of God is tried and purified; He is a shield to those who trust and take refuge in Him. Proverbs 30: 5 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart. Hebrews 4: 12 Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law. Psalm 119: 18 I will meditate on Your precepts and have respect to Your ways [the paths of life marked out by Your law]. Psalm 119: 15 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action). 2 Timothy 3: 16 But what does it say? The Word (God's message in Christ) is near you, on your lips and in your heart; that is, the Word of faith which we preach. Romans 10: 8 Sky and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away. Matthew 24: 35 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119: 105

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger