Tuesday, July 17, 2012

thankful day 2

today I'm thankful for prayer. I am thankful for being able to talk with the Lord and give him my day and I am reminded the past coupe of days the importance of staying my mind on him throughout the day every second and moment I need to talk to him about and trust him with. to me, this doesn't come easily. my mind is consumed by the checklists and what I have to do...so it takes me intentionally making the prayers come out. speaking of intentionality...this is something I realized is an act of love and kindness and adds meaning and joy to your day. today i noticed how dr kemp asked us how we were doing, how our days were going, and if we were happy today...I think everyone including myself had to process what he asked. it almost stopped my brain from working because I am not asked that often! when patients ask me how I'm doing it makes me stop what im doing! but what a difference that makes in my day and can make in anyone's day if we stop and take 2 seconds to ask those questions! it brings joy and depth. so does continual prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger